Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #20: List Parsing

Jim7
8 - Asteroid

Quite a few tricks in the original data set to keep your regex honest :) Attached is my solution.

justin_winter
8 - Asteroid

Ugh, that was one of the uglier ones. Pretty trial and error solution that still isn't perfect...

dillon_bok
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Week20.PNG
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
What a mess! I ran and reran the workflow so many times to account for each of the variations in the data. Ended up using a lot of RegEx in my formulas.

20.PNG
CHarrison
8 - Asteroid

Finding the difference between Address & Company name was a challenge, but got there in the end :) 

aking
7 - Meteor

Pretty tedious

Spoiler
Capture20.JPG

OldDogNewTricks
10 - Fireball

I have got to say this was a pain and took me about 3 different iterations.  However, I did end up with what I think is a better result than then provided solution.

Spoiler
challenge_20_completedScreen.jpg

I noticed there were 3 records with a phone number that was not accounted for in the solution (my records highlighted in red below)
challenge_20_completedPhoneFormat.jpg

I also didn't like how the FAX records had the word ' fax' in them and similarly that Notes had the '...' at the beginning and end.  I cleaned those up as well.
challenge_20_completedCleanedFurther.jpg
Mikkel_D_Karlsen
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for a great challenge, here is my solution

MarMu
8 - Asteroid

That was one time consuming nut to crack. Quite a few hours went into finding the right RegEx expressions. The rest was pretty straight forward.

CReW-macros really helped speed up the validation with their awesome test macros. kudos

Spoiler
challenge_20_start_file_MarMu.png
tammybrown_tds
9 - Comet

Full disclosure...I had to peak to the REGEX statements right.  These challenges are a great way to learn Alteryx, though, even if they aren't completed without peeking.