Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #160: Diamonds R Forever

ZenonH
8 - Asteroid

I had some fun learning about how diamonds are graded/priced, as well as learning about some of the rarest/most expensive diamonds. I tried to build a regression model to predict the prices of the diamonds missing that value, but couldn't quite get things working. To feel accomplished I figured out how many Paragon diamonds we could make by 'gluing' the diamonds in the list together (4648.5) shame it doesn't work that way in real life : P😛

Spoiler
ZHSOL.PNG

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Nice to use these R Functions

Spoiler
Flow.pngRCode.png
TimothyManning
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
160. Data Analysis.PNG
Seems to have been the same problem others were having trying to just pull the data in! I'm glad I've done this challenge though as I learned a tiny bit about R. Thanks to your spoiler @patrick_digan, I realised I was missing the load function and from then on it was easy enough
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here's my solution.

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

Nice challenge! Surprisingly I got quite stuck on the analysis part as many values were dropping out of my joins...

Spoiler
image.png
Karam
8 - Asteroid

Definitely not the most efficient solution, but it's solved!

Spoiler
Challenge 160.PNG

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Always struggle with R

Spoiler
Challenge 160.png
delilah
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
キャプチャ.JPG

Thought that Tile Tool is the fastest and simplest method for this until I checked some other answers and learned the Cell function and Floor function. 

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

My solution 🙂

Spoiler
challenge_160.PNG
mbogusz
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Interesting there's no range for 8.26-8.75 carat diamondsInteresting there's no range for 8.26-8.75 carat diamonds