Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #120: Popular Baby Names

itsJMR
5 - Atom

I had to look at the solution because I was lost with the parsing portion and the transpose portion. Going through the answer helped me better understand these new tools because I was able to learn through the interactive lessons provided by Alteryx. I still need a firm grasp of these fundamental tools so that I can better use them alone without having to peak at the solution. 

farzeenw
6 - Meteoroid

I found this to be just right in terms of how challenging I found the material after going through the first 3 and a half weeks of the ADAPT program.

I am not going to lie though, I had to look at how my fellow community members handled the splitting of Male & female columns. I hadn't considered using the filter tool until I saw it used elsewhere and then I was like "No way. I could have done that!"

I hadn't used the Formula tool so I got to experiment with that tool for this worksheet to extract the Year from the one of the columns.

Spoiler
workflow.JPG
dombaikamilla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
120.PNG
eurekasong
6 - Meteoroid

Challenge #120

pvercosa
6 - Meteoroid

Challenge#120

adrilarotta
8 - Asteroid

I'm pretty sure this is not the more effective solution, but is the one I found... Keep on practicing to solve these challenges in a better way

adrilarotta_0-1592440085813.png

adrilarotta
8 - Asteroid

@ChristineB What can I do to reduce the time it takes to process each time you run the workflow, it took ages everytime I run it, I tried to put the tools inside a container and disabled it, but then the final tool didn't get any data, anyone knows it??

gregchristensen
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
gregchristensen_0-1592444542873.png

gregchristensen
8 - Asteroid

@adrilarotta wrote:

@ChristineB What can I do to reduce the time it takes to process each time you run the workflow, it took ages everytime I run it, I tried to put the tools inside a container and disabled it, but then the final tool didn't get any data, anyone knows it??

Hi @adrilarotta,

I also tried to use the Data Cleansing Tool to filter out the Year from the FileName field but I found it to be incredibly slow.  I ended up using the Formula Tool and the Substring function which performed much faster.  Other than that, our workflows look very similar!

sumanthskumar
8 - Asteroid

Number 26

Spoiler
sumanthskumar_0-1592491985055.png