Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #1: Join to Range

mithily
8 - Asteroid

I used the append fields tool to join the two data sets. I first converted the postal code to a VWstring. Then I checked if the postal code was between the high and low of the range ( which was created from lookup using a formula). Then after append fields, which does a cartesian join, I filtered the ones which had a match for the postal code being between the high and low and once I got the tru set, doing a summarize was easy. It matched the output.YAY!8-29-2020 12-31-26 PM.png

ijkiv
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
This is how I solved this challenge. 

I used the 'Text to Columns' tool to split the Range column into a Min and Max Postal Area. I then used the Advanced Join tool to 'categorize' each Postal Area into the appropriate Range. Solution 1.PNG
mpg222
7 - Meteor

1st time weekly challenge poster.

Spoiler
I had a similar solution to the solution file, the only difference was how I used the Generate Rows tool. I updated an existing field rather than creating a new one.
Capture.JPG

simbert
8 - Asteroid

Adding the workflow

RobertW
Alteryx
Alteryx

1 and Done!

Spoiler
RobertW_0-1598977138487.png

Jayfay
7 - Meteor
Spoiler

Malvim
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Malvim_0-1599191630175.png

anshuverma0912
8 - Asteroid

Hey, here is my solution.

allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

Trying to complete all challenges so lets start from 1.

Challenge 1 Done

Spoiler

Workflow

challenge_1_solution_AllwynThomas_Spoiler.PNG

Thanks & Regards,
Allwyn Thomas

MikeDroog
6 - Meteoroid

was trying to find a more elegant solution then the additional rows but couldn't find any. Counted responses instead of ids initially