community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #59: Is it an Anagram?

Meteor

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Screenshot (88).png

I have attached my solution.  

Spoiler
I solved this riddle, but the solution was much more elegant than my method, but incorrect.  ;)  Just sorting the letters alphabetically and comparing them that way is better but 'racecar' = 'racecar' that is not an anagram because the letters are not used in a DIFFERENT order.

challenge_59_completed.jpg

Asteroid

Complete

Asteroid

I may have taken an unusual path & I am interested to see what everyone else did but I loved this challenge @JoeM 

fantastic !!

Thanks,

AidanKing

Sr. Learning Strategy Manager
Sr. Learning Strategy Manager

@AidanKing, We love looking at all the solutions to this just as much as we enjoyed making this challenge!

Asteroid

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

I must have tried at least 4 different methods before I found one that worked.

Spoiler
I tokenise both words on '\w' and then create a letterID.
Then I use the replacefirst function in a multi-row formula to replace any matching letters from word1 to word2 with nothing.
I then take the last row per word and if it's empty then you can spell word2 using the letters of word1.
I do the opposite thing in a different stream and then join them on recordID.
If you can spell both words using the letters of the other then they are anagrams, otherwise they're not.
Challenge 59.PNG 
Alteryx Certified Partner

I worked on a non-macro solution, will challenge myself with an iteration macro next.

Spoiler
ch59.png
Alteryx Certified Partner

now with an iteration macro, too.

Spoiler
ch59_macro.png
Asteroid

My solution to challenge #59 is attached.