Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #59: Is it an Anagram?

KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

Solution attached. Didn't think to split to rows with the Regex Parse tool. That would have saved a couple steps.

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

Mine is similar to the posted solution, although I included a few unnecessary steps!

Spoiler
I added a counter for each letter (e.g. "racecar" would has two As) to support the join, but I could have just re-assembled/concatenated the letters before the join as in the posted solution.

Capture.PNG
Wouter
8 - Asteroid

My "one tool" solution:

Spoiler
challenge 59.jpg 

*if you don't count the Record ID tool

Ruud
10 - Fireball

There was a guy called RegEx who used to bully me as a kid, so I used a macro instead.

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

can't be the simplest way to do this, but it got the job done!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Good Challenge.  I learned something new about the Crosstab tool and about Regex.  Mind you, the days when I don't learn something about Regex are few and far between. 

Spoiler
Solution 59.png
Aster
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
59.png

One of the few times I am so pround in my solution :)

15 minutes.

kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #59.PNG
kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

This was our challenge of the week in our internal user group. Since I'd already done this challenge, I decided to refactor my original workflow to eliminate the parallel processes for each word.

Spoiler

justin_winter
8 - Asteroid

Used the multi-row tool and row by row replacements with summing dropped letter counts... a bit different!

Spoiler
challenge59.png