Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Santalytics 2020

Chat, collaborate and share your ideas on how to get Santa's Workshop back up and running!

Help posting Holiday Card app on public gallery

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi Santa Helpers,

Merry Christmas 🎅 

I looking for help.

I am trying to spread the Christmas spirit through one of best ways. That's right by sending holiday cards 🙂

So I dusted and picked up one of earliest and on of my favorite SANTALYTICS challenges as reference. The SANTALYTICS of 2017 periodic tools periodic table.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-98-SANTALYTICS-2017-Part-2/td-p/95596

Description : This app let you create a holiday card with random tools as background pattern and with an option customize by entering receivers name.

Holiday Card generated by the app

Spoiler
output.png

The help I am seeking is I would love to post this app on the public gallery and let user be able to run the app on gallery (i,e browser) and generate the card. This way people can access through phone also and download the Holiday card.

I tried posting to public gallery. It got posted but it showing only option of download but no option to run.

Can someone help me to get this runnable online 🙂

And please feel free and do check out the Holiday Card Maker app 🙂

Thank you 😀

Thank you @MarqueeCrew for this great platform to seek help 🙂

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

3 REPLIES 3
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @atcodedog05 

Gallery have "This workflow may be run in the Gallery." option.

Please check it.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1607742696370.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @AkimasaKajitani 

Thank you for the response.

Question: The scenario you are showing, Is it a public gallery ?

I tried 2 scenarios one with Workflow and another with App.

I am getting like below. With no no option to run.

atcodedog05_0-1607757037659.png

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @atcodedog05 

Answer : I uploaded to Public Gallery.

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/GalleryTest/5fd432ee8a933716882d0543

At my workflow, If I check or not the "This workflow may be run in the Gallery", Run button show or not according to the setting, too.

It is very strange.