Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Inspire 2018 | Buzz

Stay up-to-date, connect with peers & share your experience!

Contest - Alter.Everything on the Road to Inspire

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Join the Alter.Nation and share how Alteryx alters your life and work! Submit your life-altering analytics story for a chance to win your spot on the Road to Inspire video series, a free pass to the Inspire 2018 conference where you will be featured on the main stage, and other fabulous prizes.

How does Alteryx alter YOUR life?Badge_road-to-inspire.png

Participating is easy! All you have to do is address the following in your submission:

1. How does Alteryx allow you to kick ass at work? 
  2. Show us what YOU do to fulfill your passions outside of work.  

Pro-tip: Increase your chances to win! Surprise & Delight our sights, sounds, and emotions!

How to submit:

You can either reply here on the Inspire Buzz - OR - Use the hashtag #AlterNation & #Alteryx18 on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook to submit your entry. Make sure to mention @Alteryx.

In order to qualify you must include either a video OR photo(s) along with a written response.

UPDATE | EXTENDED DEADLINE! The contest will run from February 14th until March 30th, 2018.

Prizes/Rewards 

• A special badge for anyone who puts themselves out there by entering the contest.
  • SWAG Bags for the top 10 entries across all submissions.
  • Grand Prize winners will be featured in an upcoming episode of Road to Inspire and receive a complimentary pass to Inspire Anaheim or London 2018 (will select up to 5 winners)
  • NEW! -- Top three grand prize winners get a little something extra 😉

When we say "WIN BIG," we mean it.When we say "WIN BIG," we mean it.

Entries will be judged by a qualified panel of Alteryx judges who will evaluate each entry based on the following criteria:STARTS-LIKES.png

• 50% creativity
  • 50% votes, likes or stars from your peers via Community and Social channels 

Check out the official rules here.

5/16/2018 -- UPDATE

Tune in to the ROAD TO INSPIRE video series, featuring our top three grand prize winners!

1. Road to Inspire | Episode One
  2. Episode 2, coming soon...
  3. Episode 3, coming soon...
72 REPLIES 72
adrianloong
11 - Bolide

@Honey_Shahi Absolutely fantastic !! +10

Honey_Shahi
5 - Atom

Thankyou A

Nick612Haylund
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

#1 How does Alteryx allow me kick ass at work?

Alteryx was a real turning point in my career. I remember exactly where I was when I realized that my data analysis did NOT have to be 80% prep and wrangling. It could be a fraction of that. Alteryx has been THEE tool of choice for me to mine, transform, blend and load my data before I analyze it. Which is why I’m here in the first place...to provide insights from data!

On a professional level, Alteryx helped me grow from being an analyst in a corporate environment, into the role of consultant in the advanced analytics space. ALSO - Alteryx made it so I can get my day-job done in enough time to not have to take my work home with me. Which brings me to #2...

#2 What do I do to fulfill my passions outside of work?

Along with planning a wedding, hanging out with my dog, going to shows, and being an ever-disappointed MN sports fan…there's another important passion of mine. As Alteryx puts it, "Together we can have significant impacts in our communities and in the lives of others." Well, that's also one of my passions, and I have found that Alteryx has been a great tool for me to give back to local organizations that I'm already involved in. In doing so, I have come to recognize how easily the tool can be used to influence social change using analytics. To illustrate this, I made a video that shows how we can use Alteryx to research what our congress people are saying about issues that concern us...based on their Twitter accounts. Check it out!

I plan on continuing using Alteryx not only to kick ass in my data work for the day gig, but also to drive conversation and accountability within my community, and in the lives of others.

Thanks!

Nick Hayden

In this video, I share a bit about how Alteryx alters my life and work! It's my "life-altering analytics story", which I created to engage with the Alteryx community for their "Road to Inspire" video series. #AlterNation #Alteryx18 The video is NOT meant to serve as an official demo of Alteryx, or
TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Fabulous video, @Nick612Haylund - such a great usecase that utilizes many different sources and leverages the collective work of others. The commentary was also enlightening. Thanks for sharing!

Tara McCoy
ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar
  1. How does Alteryx allow you to kick ass at work?

Although I have always used data to make decisions at work, up until last year my career was largely focused on project management, not data analytics. At Inspire 2017 I found myself surrounded by like-minded “data nerds”, and I discovered how passionate I am about data!

Alteryx allows me to present my team with applications that provide direct access to insightful data. I spend less time generating reports and more time building self-service analytic tools that empower others to make data driven decisions.

And all this while having a good time at work?! I feel very lucky.

1. Show us what YOU do to fulfill your passions outside of work.  

Although I love getting a rush from extreme sports like skydiving and zip lining, most often you’ll find me spending my free time with my brilliant 8 year old son, who is also an aspiring data scientist.

tessaenns
9 - Comet

I am beyond thankful for finding Alteryx so early on in my career. I use it to clean data, create metrics, automate processes, and with only a few months in, I have barely tapped into the possibilities.

My Alteryx journey would not have started without this community, namely Alteryx Ace, @marqueecrew. He has empowered me to get behind the Alteryx powerhouse and start plugging away, thank you Mark! My video is inspired by you. I wanted to re-enact our first conversation when I was incredibly worried how I was to clean my data set and you were... well, calm and collected per usual ;). Funny truth; after you showed me Alteryx for the first time I saved the output excel file as 'Mark is a Genius'!

There are mentors, but then there are CHAMPION mentors. Mark and fellow Alteryx users inspire me daily to be a CHAMPION in not just my work, but in helping others as well. I am fortunate to have crossed paths with a community of individuals who share a common passion for efficiency, data analytics AND a passion for life.

Also, thank you @LeahK for the matching Alteryx shirts and creating a contest to get creative and show appreciation! I will be uploading more pictures of us sporting the awesome gear on my Instagram page: www.instagram.com/tessyandZ

Stay Tuned :) #BecauseExcelisNOTaDatabase! #AlteryxNation #Alteryx18

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@tessaenns,

Both in real-life and on the road to inspire I expect that you'll be winning. Thanks for the huge call out. Your success is contagious and I expect that like my friend @ddiesel, it won't be long before we see you helping others in the community. I know that you are already helping others at work. 

Cheers from the Taj Mahal,

Mark8C969734-DAE9-425B-B815-202CFABC3204.jpeg

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ddiesel,

You take #TheThrillOfSolving to new heights!  You're inspiring me to take a leap. I'll be wearing my #AnalyticsBadAssery t-shirt should I be one of the winning entries. Else I will jump vicariously through you. 

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
tessaenns
9 - Comet

Wow! I am very impressed @nick612hayden! By the way - does the '612' represent your area code? If so, we are in geographically similar spaces! Thank you for making this video. When it comes to data -> you kick a$$!

Nick612Haylund
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

Thanks @TaraM !

&

Thanks @tessaenns ! Loved your video and the skit-shout out to @MarqueeCrew :)

612 sure does represent my area code (and looks like yours, too! re: Cargill). Hope to catch you at the TC User Group meeting next Thursday (3/22)...i think it'll be one of the best ones yet!!