Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Inspire 2017 | Buzz

Stay updated, connect with peers & share your experience!

Grand Prix Use Case Vote: We need your help!

MattD
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Community, the Grand Prix is a few weeks away and we need your help. The 3 final racing teams will complete a use case project and present their results at Inspire as well as on the Community on June 6th. But, before they can start working on their projects we need you to weigh in and help us complete the use case! Voting ends at 5pm PDT on Monday, April 17th!

Here is the use case:

You and your BFF Manny are planning a "foodcation." You both have some preferences that you want to consider as you determine which city you want to visit.

Your main preference is that you hate waiting in line to eat. You believe that the more restaurants there are per capita in a city, the shorter the wait time will be.

Additionally, Manny is a vegetarian and likes a wide selection of restaurants from which to choose. He is also a big fan of farmers’ markets. He has traveled to many cities in the past and has rated them. He doesn’t want to revisit a city but would like to go to somewhere similar to his favorites on the list.

Your goal is to recommend one city for Manny and you to visit and the reasons why this city will be best given your preferences.

At the last minute, you and Manny have decided to bring an additional friend. Each friend has a particular quirk that you need to work around. It’s the Community’s job to decide which friend you and Manny should bring.

Vinh

Your friend Vinh hates sitting in the car. If you choose to invite Vinh, you know you’ll need to find a city that is walkable and limits the amount of time spent in a car.

Jennifer

Your friend Jennifer hates everything about flying. If you choose to invite Jennifer, you’ll need to minimize the negatives of flying.

Community: Please reply with the name of the friend you think should get the invite!

Grand Prix.png

Former Alteryx, Inc. Support Engineer, Community Data Architect, Data Scientist then Data Engineer
35 REPLIES 35
kmatthews
5 - Atom

I vote Vinh!

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'm voting for Vihn because I want to walk a city - it's the best way to experience a new place. I also think we need to convince Manny to go vegan. 

Tara McCoy
RichardS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Vinh for the win!

GeneR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Vinh ...

HenrietteH
Alteryx
Alteryx

They should go to Providence, RI. 

Manny has never been there, the city is small (heck - the state is small!), you can make it anywhere in 30 minutes by car, it has some of the best Farmers' markets around, great food scene, since Jennifer lives in New York city, she can come by train and the (equally) walkable Boston is just a short train ride away. Win-win-win-win-win. 

If I don't get to vote for a city, I vote for Jennifer. 

Henriette Haigh
Technical Product Manager - Data Connectors
Alteryx, Inc.

ChristineB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Jen!  Minimizing the negative impacts of air travel AND Alteryx?  Sounds like a winner to me!

JessieC
Alteryx
Alteryx

I vote for Vinh because I walk when I travel!

JeremyG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Jennifer

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I've travelled with Vinh, and he is hilarious and up for anything - definitely bring Vinh!

DanC

If you hate to fly, there is no minimizing the negatives. Sorry, but take Vinh. You'll have a lot more options! :)

Dan Chapman
Program Manager, Customer Support
New to the community? Get started here.