Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Why is filter condition value sometimes greyed out?

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi 

Sometimes when trying to filter in the result window the value is greyed out? 

if i change to string not equal and back, it works?

Hamder83_1-1664875229518.png

8 REPLIES 8
Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@Hamder83 

I had the same issue, I usually select string is not equal or another option to solve it.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Hamder83 
I am having having the same issue. maybe it is a bug?
As workaround, we can select other criteria then select back.

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Yes, well i contacted their support now. Just wanted to make sure that I wasnt the only one :-)

someotherguy
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu agree looks like a bug.  @Hamder83 I was just trying to figure our what was happening and I noticed that as soon as you change the filter condition to something other than the first option then change it back it will allow the input field to be selectable.  It appears to only be locked the first time you switch it, running the workflow and other workflows are automatically fixed.

someotherguy_0-1665071453742.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@someotherguy 
Thank you for sharing. I also observe the same. 😁

Adrian_T
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @Hamder83,

I've done some searching and @Qiu and @someotherguy are right, it is a known bug (still unfixed) as documented in the release notes here: https://help.alteryx.com/release-notes/designer/designer-20221-release-notes#:~:text=Known-,TCPE%2D2...

I run into this bug sometimes as well, the workarounds documented here would have to suffice at least for now. Hope this provides some reassurance this is looked into by the product team 😊

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Adrian_T 
Thank you very much for the input. 

jgamblin
5 - Atom

I do not have a filter string option in my results window when trying to filter, is there a trick to that?. 
My data is an integer so that may be why.  I read on another thread that if you use the filter as != then switch back to = it will work.  This solved my problem.

Labels