Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

What is the craziest thing/s for which you have used Alteryx for?

ydmuley
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

What is the craziest thing/s for which you have used Alteryx for?

Come on lets be Honest and Funny!.........!

Regards,
Yugandhar Muley (Yug)

Alteryx ACE | Alteryx For Good India Lead | Bengaluru Alteryx User Group Lead
18 REPLIES 18
andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@mceleavey,

Where is the button for more stars?! That is a good one, thank you for making my day.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
You're welcome.

Bulien

Marcel_Gavrila
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler

Hello,

I have started a program at work called "Friday Fun with Alteryx" and each Friday we are releasing an Alteryx flow which is not work related. 

One of them just ask you to input your birthday and e-mail address and you will receive an e-mail with the day of the week when you were born, your star sign and also your age in days. 🙂

Marcel_Gavrila
8 - Asteroid

Another flow that we have created for Friday Fun with Alteryx was the "Alteryx Cooking Book". There is a database with over 200 recepies from romanian cusine and the user just choose one of them and receive it via e-mail.

Cooking Book.png 

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

I love this thread! None of mine are really crazy, but they were super fun to build!

• While learning spatial tools, I practiced by using Alteryx to prep the data for this Road Trip Radio map. I was curious about our listening habits (and other metrics about our trip), and had recently done weekly challenge #84: Map Hurricane Harvey's Storm Evolution, so I wanted to try building polylines with the log data from my car!

Dashboard.png

• We also used Alteryx to create randomized bingo cards for our annual analyst retreat... Building the bingo cards was a reporting tools workout, for sure!
    (traditional baseball scorecard on the left, Alteryx-generated baseball bingo card on the right.  COPA = Community of Practicing Analysts)

IMG_20190919_115936296.jpg

Marcel_Gavrila
8 - Asteroid

Hello again,

In our Friday Fun program we have developed another flow that retrieve you the temperature in the selected location. We are using some web scrapping for that. Depending of the temperature interval the picture from the e-mail will change. 🙂

temper.PNG

mehart5
5 - Atom

Hey, I know this i like 3 years later, but I'm trying to make sense of the Apple Health data export (the giant XML) and was wondering what you did in Alteryx to get some insights from your data. Any tips would be appreciated!

MohithRai
8 - Asteroid

Hey,

I would like to share about an app that I had created which is not very crazy but was a lot of fun creating it.

This app takes in the movie name and displays info about the plot, cast, movie poster etc.

Technical detail:

• The App sends a request to an API with movie name as an input parameter.
  • Recieves the JSON response and converts it into a structured data.
  • Converts the binary data from the response to an image(poster).
  • Displays the output in app window and PDF file(Attached in this post).

It was a lot of fun and learning at the same time. 🙂

AppInput.PNG

AppOutput1.PNG

AppOutput2.PNG

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MohithRai,

Sounds like interesting project 😀

Labels