General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Alteryx when compared to Informatica?

npeddagorla
7 - Meteor

2 REPLIES 2
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Specifically, both tools do ETL and do it well.  Alteryx has better out-of-the-box support for more connection types, and also better out-of-the-box support for integrating advanced analytics into your workflows.  Informatica might have (costly) add-ins to talk to older, obscure (basically obsolete) data sources if needed.

More generally, Alteryx is newer, shinier, faster, much easier to use, and just as important: a much, Much, MUCH friendlier company to work with. In that light, I cannot recommend Alteryx highly enough, but I also have significant reasons for recommending anything over Informatica, which are so frosty that I will not share them on a public forum. Feel free to IM me if you want the sundry details.

NJT
11 - Bolide

To replace an Informatica set up do you need Alteryx server or could you manage it with designer? It seems like you'd need scheduler if that's still a thing you can get with designer. I'm about 2 years behind on where Alteryx is at now I've been living under a rock called two full time jobs and no time to play or read for the last two years. 

Labels