Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Alteryx when compared to Informatica?

npeddagorla
7 - Meteor

2 REPLIES 2
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Specifically, both tools do ETL and do it well.  Alteryx has better out-of-the-box support for more connection types, and also better out-of-the-box support for integrating advanced analytics into your workflows.  Informatica might have (costly) add-ins to talk to older, obscure (basically obsolete) data sources if needed.

More generally, Alteryx is newer, shinier, faster, much easier to use, and just as important: a much, Much, MUCH friendlier company to work with. In that light, I cannot recommend Alteryx highly enough, but I also have significant reasons for recommending anything over Informatica, which are so frosty that I will not share them on a public forum. Feel free to IM me if you want the sundry details.

NJT
11 - Bolide

To replace an Informatica set up do you need Alteryx server or could you manage it with designer? It seems like you'd need scheduler if that's still a thing you can get with designer. I'm about 2 years behind on where Alteryx is at now I've been living under a rock called two full time jobs and no time to play or read for the last two years. 

Labels