General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

#Wereallinthistogether || Join us & Study: The Science of Well-Being by Yale University

VizChic
11 - Bolide

Yale University are opening up their most popular course ever to the public - for FREE!

Here's the 30 second pitch:

"Engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life."

Join @TuvyL@Kenda and me as classmates on this journey.  Post your experiences on here if you want to share your experience

9 REPLIES 9
TuvyL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I got through most of Week 1's videos last night and downloaded the ReWi app on my phone 🙂 Already loving their UX so I'm looking forward to exploring the app a bit more. I plan on measuring my baseline happiness today. Even though this is technically "homework" and assigned reading, it's all refreshing and relatable content. Hello GI Joe Fallacy! This type of mental work feels like "active rest" for my mind 🙂

@VizChic + @Kenda, where are you in the curriculum? Any favorite nuggets?

Tuvy Le
Manager, Community ACE Program
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I'm all finished with week one!

I liked the final part with the quiz to find your top strongest character traits. I thought the questionnaire was fair in length and the questions were thoughtful and didn't make it obvious as to what your results would be at the end.

VizChic
11 - Bolide

I've smashed through week 1 and some of week 2, but seem to have missed the strongest character traits 🙂  I'll go back and take a look!  @Kenda can you remember where it was?  No worries if you can't!!

I really like the activity to Savour something for 7 days... I've chosen the shower, it's so relaxing and peaceful although I'm not going to be sharing it with any strangers or taking pics!! 😄

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
TuvyL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@VizChic I'm savoring walks/jogs on my own. Quiet time is rare these days!

@Kenda what were your top 5 strengths?

Mine were: humor, love, curiosity, social intelligence, gratitude.

Tuvy Le
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@TuvyL love was in my top 5 as well! Social intelligence was definitely not near the top for me lol

Finally getting started on week 2 and love the first excerpt you read about savoring the moment. I personally don't do this enough, and think this rewiring activity will be so helpful!

VizChic
11 - Bolide

I wonder if Alteryx would get mad if I accepted your replies as a solution?!

Ok... that was fun!  I got: Creativity, Bravery, Honesty, Perspective and Leadership

😄

TuvyL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'm honestly finding it a bit hard to savor anything right now, @Kenda. I'm hoping that by going through the motions--good ones like cooking, exercising, journaling, etc..eventually it'll feel good and somewhat normal again. Such a weird time, but you gals are inspiring to keep at it. I didn't log into the class the last 2 days but I'll get back in there today! @VizChic I wouldn't be mad! Hahah these are really great answers!! The ReWi app has been helpful, it's good to see (whether good or meh) where I stand at the end of the day.

Tuvy Le
VizChic
11 - Bolide

Awww @TuvyL sometimes it is a struggle!  I found on Day 17 of isolation I hit the wall, with digital-only contact I missed the hugs of my friends, the social catch-ups, and what has been normal for our whole lives is now something that could hurt us or the people we love.  I ended up catching up with a friend who had also been in iso, and it changed everything - I felt whole again.

I'm confident you'll find something that will help you break the tension, give yourself time. Remember it's normal to feel a bit lost right now, and we are here if you need to chat, cry or laugh.  I'm happy to jump on a Teams call anytime, and we can shoot the breeze, downing tequilas at any time of the day 🙂  Sending you massive hugs xoxo

Labels