This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
- There are two kinds of data scientists: 1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
- In data science, 80 percent of time spent is preparing data, 20 percent of time is spent complaining about the need to prepare data.
- There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
- Your mama is so mean, she has no standard deviation.
- A physicist, a mathematician, and a statistician go hunting. They spot a deer and take aim. The physicists shoots first and misses 10 meters to the right. The mathematician shoots next and misses 10 meters to the left. The statistician then throws down his gun and proclaims, "we got it!"
I enjoyed the binary and mean (that one was at inspire16) for a long time. The others were in a blog post that I found. There are plenty of Dilbert cartoons to choose from. Of course, if you're a star trek fan there are even more data jokes to choose from.
Happy IPO day!
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor
Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return. Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
-If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0.
-A company manager is flying across the desert in a hot air balloon when he realizes he is lost. He calls down to a man riding a camel below him and asks where he is. The man replies, “You’re 42 degrees and 12 minutes, 21.2 seconds north, 122 degrees, 10 minutes west, 212 meters above sea level, heading due east by north east.” “Thanks,” replies the balloonist. “By the way, are you a data analyst?” “Yes,” replies the man, “how did you know?” “Everything you told me was totally accurate, you gave me way more information than I needed and I still have no idea what I need to do.” “I’m sorry,” replied the camel-riding analyst. “By the way, are you a company manager?” “Yes,” said the balloonist, “how did you know?” “Well,” replied the analyst, “You’ve got no idea where you are, no idea what direction you’re heading in, you got yourself into this fix by blowing a load of hot air, and now you expect me to get you out of it.”
I almost feel like these happen at least once a week. Both were taken from online.