General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Replacement of a Word

MoeShow
7 - Meteor

I'm trying to replace a word with another word in Alteryx but I'm having difficulty doing so. 

For example, my vlookup isn't being picked up because it has the Accounting - Auth0 in it and I need it to have Accounting - Okta instead. How can make that happen? I just need to replace the word Auth0 with Okta so the vlookup reads it correctly. 

Just to add. I need everything with Accounting - Auth0 to be replaced with Accounting - Okta and anything with BT Employee Enablement - Okta to be replaced with  BT Employee Enablement - Auth0. I can't get both to change simultaneously. I have multiple accounts that need to be changed but once I input the formula it only makes Auth0 to Okta change and not the Okta to Auth0 change.   

6 REPLIES 6
MoeShow
7 - Meteor

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Simple, use a filter tool and have it CONTAINS the word Accounting as True, and the natural False will be everything else. 

From that filter, just use a formula tool - REPLACE([YourField],”Auth0”,”Okta”

Now, in your FALSE of your filter, you can do the same. 

REPLACE([YourField],”Okta”,”Auth0”)

That should do it. If you get stuck, kindly give some sample data.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
MoeShow
7 - Meteor

I attached an example. I need to keep the preceding word and dash. I only need to change anything that says Auth0 at the end to Okta and anything that says Okta to Auth0. The preceding words can always change within the workflow so I need the formula not to factor in the preceding word and dash.  

stevediaz
7 - Meteor

Hello

To replace "Auth0" with "Okta" and "Okta" with "Auth0" simultaneously in Alteryx, use a "Formula" tool with this expression:

mathematica
ReplaceAll(ReplaceAll([Accounting], "Auth0", "Okta"), "Okta", "Auth0")

This formula swaps the terms in your data field.

Here's how you can do it:

1. Input Data: Ensure that your data is already loaded into Alteryx.

2. Use a Formula Tool:

• Drag and drop a "Formula" tool onto your workflow.
  3. Define a New Field:

• In the Formula tool configuration, you will create a new field that contains the text with replacements.
  4. Use the ReplaceAll() Function:

• To replace "Auth0" with "Okta" and vice versa, you can use a nested ReplaceAll() function.

You can aslo check this : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Discussions/ct-p/ayx-discussions/Mulesoft Course

Thank you.

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@stevediaz I’ve not seen a ReplaceAll() function before. No offense but your text looks like it was generated from ChatGPT. 

@MoeShow sorry I didn’t get back - there was a flood of comments and I just noticed the revival of this post. Have you managed to get your desired answer or are you still stuck? 

Kindly tag us with the @ function so that we get notified otherwise it gets flooded real quick.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
MoeShow
7 - Meteor

@caltang I was able to find a solution. ty! 

Labels