General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Predictive tool not working.

LiuZhang
9 - Comet

I've update to the latest version of Alteryx Designer 2022.1.1.30961 and installed the R installer to same version

Cannot use the modelling tools in the Predictive section now, is it due to the R upgrade to 4.1.3, so it is causing issue with the R script?

Error: Logistic Regression (2): Logistic Regression: Error in read.Alteryx.DoReadInternal(.Call("ReadYXDBStreaming", AlteryxInputs[[name]], :

Screenshot 2022-06-26 145110.png

7 REPLIES 7
LiuZhang
9 - Comet

Also, is there a location on CRAN or github I can see any Alteryx R package? I am curious to find out where those error message come from.

Drader98
5 - Atom

I'm seeing   ' Error in parse(text = s) : <text>:1:17: unexpected INCOMPLETE_STRING'

for the R console 

It's interesting because it's failing in their examples with R. There has to be something simple that I'm missing

M_Shaltot
5 - Atom

Hello.  I am having the same issue running predictive tools or anything that has R.  I have updated both Designer and R packages to latest, installed as admin, and running as admin or non-admin, I get this error running Alteryx's examples:  

8-3-2022 10-32-20 PM.jpg

LiuZhang
9 - Comet

Yeah, every the sample workflow is erroring as well.

M_Shaltot
5 - Atom

Solved!  Turns out Alteryx does not like spaces in the Default Temp Directory path, which it did when I created a custom temp directory on an external SSD!  When I replaced the spaces in the name with underscore, I got back all the R and prediction tools!  Thanks for all who pitched in 

LiuZhang
9 - Comet

Screenshot 2022-10-03 090622.png

@M_Shaltot not for me 😅 as I've never changed from my default.

erinas
Alteryx
Alteryx

Liu,  did you install any R upgrade to the R install from Alteryx?  They have to be in sync.  Also none of the input data can have any null values.  But if the sample workflows are failing then I guess many something is out of sync with the install.  I would suggest to re install the r tools and make sure you are administrator for the install. 

Labels