Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Predictive tool not working.

LiuZhang
9 - Comet

I've update to the latest version of Alteryx Designer 2022.1.1.30961 and installed the R installer to same version

Cannot use the modelling tools in the Predictive section now, is it due to the R upgrade to 4.1.3, so it is causing issue with the R script?

Error: Logistic Regression (2): Logistic Regression: Error in read.Alteryx.DoReadInternal(.Call("ReadYXDBStreaming", AlteryxInputs[[name]], :

Screenshot 2022-06-26 145110.png

7 REPLIES 7
LiuZhang
9 - Comet

Also, is there a location on CRAN or github I can see any Alteryx R package? I am curious to find out where those error message come from.

Drader98
5 - Atom

I'm seeing   ' Error in parse(text = s) : <text>:1:17: unexpected INCOMPLETE_STRING'

for the R console 

It's interesting because it's failing in their examples with R. There has to be something simple that I'm missing

M_Shaltot
5 - Atom

Hello.  I am having the same issue running predictive tools or anything that has R.  I have updated both Designer and R packages to latest, installed as admin, and running as admin or non-admin, I get this error running Alteryx's examples:  

8-3-2022 10-32-20 PM.jpg

LiuZhang
9 - Comet

Yeah, every the sample workflow is erroring as well.

M_Shaltot
5 - Atom

Solved!  Turns out Alteryx does not like spaces in the Default Temp Directory path, which it did when I created a custom temp directory on an external SSD!  When I replaced the spaces in the name with underscore, I got back all the R and prediction tools!  Thanks for all who pitched in 

LiuZhang
9 - Comet

Screenshot 2022-10-03 090622.png

@M_Shaltot not for me 😅 as I've never changed from my default.

erinas
Alteryx
Alteryx

Liu,  did you install any R upgrade to the R install from Alteryx?  They have to be in sync.  Also none of the input data can have any null values.  But if the sample workflows are failing then I guess many something is out of sync with the install.  I would suggest to re install the r tools and make sure you are administrator for the install. 

Labels