General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

How to import data containing excel formulas

EG_GBM
7 - Meteor

Dear Team,

Is Alteryx able to execute the following steps?

1. Open Excel,
  2. and waiting for the formula automatically refresh (for a few seconds),
  3. then save Excel,
  4. and then close Excel.

Or can Alteryx directly import excel data that formulas have not been automatically refreshed (without opening)?

I will then split the Excel sheet with the refreshed formula into a separate workbook. I can use the Command Tool to open and close Excel, but I can't manipulate excel to save, so the automatically refreshed formula results can't be saved. I haven't learned python tool yet; I think it can definitely be implemented. Can someone help me with an example?

So much thankful for any help!

Eva

1 REPLY 1
DQAUDIT
9 - Comet

@EG_GBM - Do you need Excel to perform these calculations?  You may consider revising the process and have Alteryx source in the data and generate the output into the desired Excel Workbook?  Bear in mind, I don't know the purpose of the Excel Workbook and realize there may be a valid reason for why this is not a good idea.  However, assuming there is not then perhaps this is a good opportunity to optimize your process create a workflow that sources from the same inputs the Excel workbook utilizes and create the output that meets your objectives.

If the intent is for the file to show only one version of that data, you can have Alteryx Drop the file and recreate the file with the "Current" data.

Labels