Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Friday NIght Chicken Soup for the Alteryx Soul !

DanHare
11 - Bolide

A propos nothing, thought I'd share a little bit of positive reinforcement.

I was at a client earlier moving between meetings and noticed that a friend, who I only ever talk about football to (Spurs are rubbish, obvs), had an Alteryx workflow up on his screen - this was a first, so I stopped in my tracks !

It was quickly apparent that this had been quickly written for him by their company genius, but that it was taking a manual process from ~40 mins to 2 secs.

I asked, what do you think now you've seen Alteryx ?

"Witchcraft !"

Have a nice weekend !

2 REPLIES 2
DanHare
11 - Bolide

As a blatant ramping exercise, could I please ask you to upvote my feature suggestion ?

When inserting a tool, eg Select, into a data flow that does not require dataset config please default the data pane to the input data to help us configure the fields ?

By my estimation this saves me 1 click on 90% of my tool insertions, surely just as worthy of attention as turning off the alert sound ?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/When-adding-a-new-tool-to-a-data-flow-please...

jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

I have to say, great title for this enthusiastic post!

Jacob 

Labels