Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Emails to 2+ Alteryx Community Users

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but thought I would bring it up in case it's something that should be suggested as a community improvement...

I've had this happen at least twice now where someone sent me an "email" through the Alteryx Community that was intended to go to myself and another Alteryx Community member, by way of making introductions. Pretty sure it was @SeanAdams making the introductions both times, because he's basically a main spoke of my Alteryx social hub... :) At any rate, both times we've tried to do these "introductions via email", Sean's message to me in my Alteryx inbox is only coming across with his name as an option for response - the other person's username doesn't show up at all, so it looks as if the message was just sent to me.

Is this by design? Are the internal "email" messages in the community limited so that we only see the sender, not whoever else was on the recipient list? Just curious if that was intentional or not... if it is by design, just good information to know so that in the future when making introductions or trying to connect people via messages, I would go about it in a different way (such as just including the other person's username in the email so they can make their own introductions/connections).

Any insight would be much appreciated... Thanks!!

Cheers,

NJ

2 REPLIES 2
JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Nicole,

When you say "email" are you referring to the private messages inbox here on community? If so, yes it is by design that you cannot see the username of other recipients, since these messages are supposed to be private.

Your idea to include the usernames in the introduction is a good one so that everyone knows who all is included, and how to connect.

If you have ideas or suggestions on how we can improve private messages UI or functionality, since it sounds like a few of you use them actively, don't hesitate let us know by sharing on Suggestions for our Community !

Cheers,

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi Julie,

Yes by "email" I was referring to the private messages - couldn't quite figure out the correct thing to call them! At any rate, thank you so much for clarifying, that answers my question - just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious! I'll make sure to include Usernames in any messages of this variety going forward, but might perhaps make a suggestion on the Suggestions for Community board about providing some sort of "group chat" option or something like that - a way for people to collaborate off the discussion boards via something a little less private than the private message option. :) Appreciate the clarification though - thanks so much!

NJ

Labels