Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Challenged by this platform

ClaudiaA
7 - Meteor

Thank you @FlaviaB I am challenged by this platform. I find the "Getting Started Learning Path" not intuitive. When I complete a lesson, I'm not returned back to the hierarchy of lessons so I can start the next lesson....

also I just loaded Alteryx on my computer and it took a long while and then when I started it up it initiated a 'demo' but the execution is confusing. I didn't understand how to navigate that, so I turned it off

....Also the practice exercises  give very little guidance on what to include...so I guess I'll just include a little of everything

...today I will try the "TRY IT" examples to see if that clarifies things. 

4 REPLIES 4
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ClaudiaA,

I wasn't visiting academy lately but I am a self-learner and I believe the academy was very helpful on my Ateryx journey.

Maybe you can check with another internet browser?

Good luck!

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @ClaudiaA , welcome to Community : )

Here's a strategy that might help with the Getting Started Learning Path. I rely on two browser tabs: one for the Learning Path, and another for the pop-out interactive lessons themselves.

CristonS_0-1603985529735.png

Once I've finished with the lesson, I ignore the "Back to Lessons" button and go directly back to my first tab. I find this a much easier way to keep track of where I am.

CristonS_1-1603985623281.png

In terms of the shepherding at startup, you can turn that off in the User Settings (found under Options in the top menu bar), that way you can skip it altogether. More specific feedback will certainly help our UX team make improvements!

There are One Tool examples in the software that might be a better place to start (like the Favorites tools):

CristonS_2-1603985991398.png

Finally, the installation does take some time. That's something our engineers are aware of, and working to make better.

I hope this helps. If you have other issues, post to the discussion forum so Community members can help solve. Always come back here at the first sign of frustration so we can help - I promise this software is worth it!

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @CristonS 

Always come back here at the first sign of frustration so we can help - I promise this software is worth it!

The last sentence made my day!

ClaudiaA
7 - Meteor

Thanks. I used 2 windows as you suggested after I realized I wasn't getting sent back to where I left off when I hit continue. ..any way, I'm back working past it...

Labels