Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Auto fill

MG
5 - Atom

Hi- Can someone help me? I want to fill in the cells in the 1st column E.g. I want to reflect school 1 for all the stationary in 2nd column. Similarly, School 2 should get reflected against all the  stationary cells. Please refer the expected output in the next sheet in the attached file. Thanks in advance :)

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @MG,

You can use a multi row formula to achieve this:

IraWatt_0-1654689887810.png

IF [F1] =NULL() AND [F2] != NULL() AND contains([Row-1:F1],"School")  THEN [Row-1:F1] ELSE [F1] ENDIF

This formula is set to update F1 with the row above when F1 is empty and F2 is not empty and the row above contains School.

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

In future best to post Designer questions on the Designer question board you'll get a quicker response 😄

MG
5 - Atom

Oh Great! That's awesome! Actually I am new to this so not sure of the details as to where to post :) 

I had few more questions- 1. What if instead of text ("School"), there is 6 digit number, what should be written in the formula? 2. What if I want to remove the blank rows after each set (E.g. Row between School 1, School 2 and so on....)

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ah okay, for your first question you could use REGEX_Match([Row-1:F1], "\d{6}") this will look for 6 digits in the row above:

IF [F1] =NULL() AND [F2] != NULL() AND REGEX_Match([Row-1:F1], "\d{6}") THEN [Row-1:F1] ELSE [F1] ENDIF

to get rid of NULL rows theres a few ways to do that probably the easies is just to use a filter like this:

IraWatt_0-1654695976806.png

Labels