Dublin, IRL

Welcome to the Dublin User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button in Home to follow our news and attend our events!

How did you learn Alteryx?

Carlos_A
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

As another source of information for new and experienced users I thought we could share our learning experiences with Alteryx. I know most of the learning comes with trial and error, but it's always nice to look at some examples or tutorials when you're starting.

The way I started learning was through the Self-Paced exercises on the Alteryx website. Having no prior experience with the software I thought doing the beginner exercises would give me a good introduction to the tool, each exercise has a video explaining the tools required.I would spend about 15-30 mins trying to solve each exercise and would check the answer after. If I got it right, great, but some times I got stuck and couldn't finish the exercise, thankfully Alteryx also provided us the answers and I would compare my approach to the solution presented.

After I got familiar with the evironment and some of its tools I moved on to the intermediate exercises, specifically doing exercises with tools I would be using on my day-to-day work, such as the fuzzy matching, creating a macro and creating analytic apps. After this I was very comfortable with Alteryx, I learned most of the tools during training and also learned about the community, which has lots of information.

That's all for today,

Carlos

0 REPLIES 0