Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.
SOLVED

In-DB Macro - HTML GUI SDK

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

I'm looking to create an In-DB macro with the HTML GUI SDK.

I used this post to create the relevant structure and the template macro.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works-Blog/Building-an-HTML-Macro/ba-p/158691

I then opened the macro and converted the macro inputs to In-DB macro inputs. I also went into the macronameCONFIG.xml file and amended the property... <ToolInDB value="False"/> to <ToolInDB value="True"/>.

But when I bring the macro onto the canvas in Alteryx designer it still has green input/output anchors, even though if I right click and hit 'open' I get the in-db macro inputs/outputs as I edited.

I've attached the file which you can unzip and drop into the following folder (C:\Users\BenMoss\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools) so you can see the problem yourselves.

Any advice here? Or is it just not possible?

Ben

4 REPLIES 4
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @BenMoss,

Yep perfickly possible I believe.

In the config file use Type="LockIn" and that makes them Blue...

<InputConnections>
      <Connection Name="Input" AllowMultiple="True" Optional="True" Type="LockIn" Label=""/>
    </InputConnections>
    <OutputConnections>
      <Connection Name="Output1" AllowMultiple="False" Optional="False" Type="LockIn" Label="1"/>

Hope it helps

J

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Thanks James, I ammended the file accordingly but no luck still, new version of the config file attached, and code snipit for this specific part...

<InputConnections>
      <Connection Name="I" AllowMultiple="False" Optional="False" Type="LockIn" Label="I"/>
    </InputConnections>
    <OutputConnections>
      <Connection Name="O" AllowMultiple="False" Optional="False" Type="LockIn" Label="O"/>
    </OutputConnections>

Am I missing anything?

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Try the attached - got blue anchors on mine (2018.3)

2018-11-09_13-23-01.png

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You are a star @jdunkerley79, thank you!

I'll share the finished result once it's complete!