Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.
SOLVED

In-DB Macro - HTML GUI SDK

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

I'm looking to create an In-DB macro with the HTML GUI SDK.

I used this post to create the relevant structure and the template macro.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works-Blog/Building-an-HTML-Macro/ba-p/158691

I then opened the macro and converted the macro inputs to In-DB macro inputs. I also went into the macronameCONFIG.xml file and amended the property... <ToolInDB value="False"/> to <ToolInDB value="True"/>.

But when I bring the macro onto the canvas in Alteryx designer it still has green input/output anchors, even though if I right click and hit 'open' I get the in-db macro inputs/outputs as I edited.

I've attached the file which you can unzip and drop into the following folder (C:\Users\BenMoss\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools) so you can see the problem yourselves.

Any advice here? Or is it just not possible?

Ben

4 REPLIES 4
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @BenMoss,

Yep perfickly possible I believe.

In the config file use Type="LockIn" and that makes them Blue...

<InputConnections>
      <Connection Name="Input" AllowMultiple="True" Optional="True" Type="LockIn" Label=""/>
    </InputConnections>
    <OutputConnections>
      <Connection Name="Output1" AllowMultiple="False" Optional="False" Type="LockIn" Label="1"/>

Hope it helps

J

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Thanks James, I ammended the file accordingly but no luck still, new version of the config file attached, and code snipit for this specific part...

<InputConnections>
      <Connection Name="I" AllowMultiple="False" Optional="False" Type="LockIn" Label="I"/>
    </InputConnections>
    <OutputConnections>
      <Connection Name="O" AllowMultiple="False" Optional="False" Type="LockIn" Label="O"/>
    </OutputConnections>

Am I missing anything?

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Try the attached - got blue anchors on mine (2018.3)

2018-11-09_13-23-01.png

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You are a star @jdunkerley79, thank you!

I'll share the finished result once it's complete!