Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.
SOLVED

Does anyone know if its possible/straight foward to create interface tools for Alteryx?

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I feel the interface tools are a little limited at times, especially for some of my chained apps i want to display images etc. 

I've listed this as an idea on the community, but was just wondering if anyone had experience making interface tools themselves for this? Or if this is possible within Alteryx Designer/Server.

Cheers!
TheOC

Bulien
5 REPLIES 5
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I myself haven't tried it, but I believe that would be part of the HTML SDK.  Here's some good starting points:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Dev-Space/HTML-SDK/td-p/28393

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Custom-analytics-app-interfaces-using-...

If you search HTML SDK there are also a bunch of other threads that might get you started.

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @mbarone 

I think you're right, although I remember reading that html SDK interface tools don't work on the gallery, which is where i want to implement this sadly.

I'll give it a try though! I've read a few things that say they're not supported but they end up working.

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Ah - got it.  I've never tried messing around with it so I didn't realize it doesn't work in the Gallery.  Something I've been meaning to dive into, but still haven't gotten around to!

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I'll give you a shout if i make any progress!

To be honest i think the Interface tools are due an overhaul, it would be nice to have something along the lines of the visual layout beta tool for creating interfaces, but that tools been in beta for longer than i've used Alteryx, so no idea if thats anywhere on the pipeline.

I do think its a really cool part of Alteryx however.

Bulien
NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Late to this thread but just wanted to add... While I don't believe it's possible to build interface tools with the SDK, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to use custom SDK tools on Server - you just need to make sure they're installed on the Server including all worker nodes.