Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
Beckyli
8 - Asteroid

your workflow is too complicate, i just need simple correction.

DataNath
17 - Castor

@Beckyli you don’t copy in the workflow itself here. On your main workflow you right-click

on the canvas > insert > macro and navigate to wherever you saved it. You’ll then just see a single tool appear on the end of your workflow and then you configure it like any other tool. Hope this helps!

Beckyli
8 - Asteroid

if i already have Macro on my workflow, how should i add to it? it show me below error.

Beckyli_0-1661782484174.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

@Beckyli you just need to insert it into your main workflow where you want to output to multiple files. There’s no need to open up the macro itself or do anything to it!

Beckyli
8 - Asteroid

thanks, i got it.

rickey0830
8 - Asteroid

Neat! This will be super useful. Thanks for creating it :) 

KiaMoua
5 - Atom

I'm new to Alteryx... still working on baby steps but WOW... thanks so much!!!!

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi @DataNath 

I have a workflow where i output 4 different csv files, with different schemas and content in general.

Can I modify the macro, so it takes several inputs, and outputs that to each sheet?

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Hamder83 - I don't believe you'll be able to do this. As your outputs have different schemas, you'll need to deal with them in 4 separate streams within the workflow whereas my macro splits a consistent data set based upon the values of a selected field. For your approach, you'll need to keep each output in a separate branch of the workflow and use block until done tools to control the outputs.

KiaMoua
5 - Atom

Is there a way to password protect the output files? I'm using this macro but then I have to go into each file and password protect the file after. Any help would be WONDERFUL!!!

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @KiaMoua, the only way to achieve this is with a macro as far as I'm aware, or leverage the R (and could probably use Python) tool - there's a few of them floating around the community if you have a search. However, I think you'd then just need to take parts of both my macro and those to roll everything into one. It may be something I look at in future but just don't have the time at the minute!

KiaMoua
5 - Atom

Thanks, I'm a pretty new user for Alteryx and don't have the skills to chop up the macro and combine but that is my hope that I will be able to one day... thank you

EeJun
5 - Atom

Hi, not sure if anyone encounter issue like "Unable to create backup of ....xlsx to ...bak: Access is denied." issue using this macro?

Tmanuela
8 - Asteroid

amazing tool, thanksss

Great work with this macro! I encountered an issue when trying to output to multiple sheets: "You must specify a sheet name." However, I do not know how to specify a sheet name, since there only seems to be an option to input file name. How can I work around this error?  

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hi @alexanderpiercekpmg, the macro is designed to allow you to split the output into different sheets based upon a field within the data. As you can see here, I can choose one of the two fields within my dataset. Do you not have this option? Can you send me a message with some screenshots/a workflow if not? Thanks!

DataNath_0-1671488418913.png

aanderson99
6 - Meteoroid

@DataNath this was incredibly helpful and useful - thank you! 

gunnarscheck
5 - Atom

Thank you for posting this macro, it was very helpful for completing my workflow! Will definitely be using plenty more in the future

MarjorieNT
5 - Atom

Hi, follow up question please. Is there a limit to the number of sheets that can be outputted within a file? e.g. i need to output 49 sheets/tab - is this possible?

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hi @MarjorieNT, as far as I'm aware the sheet limit is over 1 million so you should be fine with 49!