Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Boston, MA (New England)

Welcome to the Boston User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

CReW Macros

LalaLele66
7 - Meteor

Hi, Thanks to Jesse, I have started playing with the CReW macros. Love them! I'm experiencing a minor issue though, and was wondering if it's my network, or if others have encountered the same issue. I installed the macros. A few days later, when I try to run an existing workflow, it seems like I never installed them. I get an error that the macros aren't found, though I still see them in the tool tray at the top of Alteryx. I install again and and the macros work. It's like the install doesn't stay.

I do have the macro file saved to a shared drive, so my peers can use them too. Am I better off to have them saved to my local drive?

1 REPLY 1
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi!

I'm taking two quick guesses at what might be happening here based on your description - this could be going down the completely wrong path.

1) When you put one of the CReW macros into a workflow, and right click on it, you should see an option near the bottom that says "open macro:"  does the text after the colon have a "\" or "/" character in it?

2) Do you have that shared folder configured in your user settings as a macro location?  You can check this by going to Options->User Settings->Edit user settings and then clicking on the "Macros" tab.