We are excited to welcome TravelTime as an Alteryx Alliances partner. Chris Hutchinson, Head of Customer Success at TravelTime, will share how TravelTime brings powerful geospatial capabilities to Analytic Process Automation.
A powerful new geospatial partnership
TravelTime and Alteryx have partnered to allow customers to run powerful geospatial analysis in a simple, code-free, automated manner.
TravelTime is a location data company that provides journey time analytics and geospatial services including routing, geocoding, and catchment area visualisations. Any business data with a location element — such as stores, offices, employees, customers, suppliers — can be better analysed by travel time instead of distance, providing deeper insights and enabling more informed decision-making.
With a range of fully-supported Alteryx macros, TravelTime enables users to create trade areas, origin-destination matrices, and A to B routes by any method of transport, including public transit. In combination with the rest of the Alteryx toolset, these can help answer questions around real estate portfolio analysis, retail store strategy, customer segmentation, public service provisioning, and much more.
TravelTime Alteryx macros
Every TravelTime Alteryx macro works for any method of transport, including public transit, driving, walking, and cycling. They also include highly configurable parameters to allow for finely-tuned analysis.
- Isochrones – creates travel time polygons (“trade areas”) showing the areas reachable within a chosen travel time
- Travel Time Matrix – produces a matrix of travel times between multiple origins and multiple destinations, as well as a matrix of distances or fares where applicable
- Reachable Points Filter - filters location data points into “reachable” and “unreachable” groups based on travel time
- Routes - generates A to B routes with turn-by-turn directions, as well as summarized data including travel times and distances
- Geocoder (and Reverse Geocoder) – converts addresses (e.g., postcodes) into lat-long coordinates and vice versa
TravelTime macros in action
Each TravelTime macro can be used as a standalone tool simply by dragging it onto the canvas, or multiple macros can be chained together to start solving even more complex geospatial business problems.
An example of each macro in action can be seen below:
Travel Time Matrix
Reachable Points Filter
Industry use cases
The TravelTime macros are applicable to any business that holds location data, which is almost any business in the world. But some of the most common sectors and use cases are:
- Catchment area location scoring
- Employee commute time assessments
- Portfolio risk analysis
- Store expansion/consolidation planning
- Reachable population demographic analysis
- Customer segmentation and targeted marketing
- Investment valuation — real estate, property, land, etc.
- M&A advisory services
- Insurance assessments and modelling
- Accessibility of public services — hospitals, social housing, care homes, etc.
- Nearest service user allocation
- Accessible workforce planning
In each of these industries and use cases, the key strength of the TravelTime macros is the ability to run analysis for any method of transport, at scale, in a completely code-free manner.
More info and getting started
The TravelTime macros are all available from the Alteryx Gallery.
Each macro connects to the TravelTime API, and therefore requires an API key to run. You can download a free, two-week trial API key here.
For more information please visit TravelTime, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
And for inspiration about how these macros can be used to solve real-world business challenges, check out our community blog post around helping to get employees back to work post-Covid which can be found here.