Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

"Error during network call"

Matthew
11 - Bolide

hello, i accidentally removed a gallery from my alteryx designer and i am trying to re-add it.

i'm set up as a curator on this gallery, but when i try to add the gallery to the designer, i get this error:

NothingButThyme_0-1632158116670.png

it's odd, because alteryx recognises the gallery, and it's able to fetch my network name from the gallery, but i cant add the gallery to the alteryx designer..

i had access on Friday.. and no one else is experiencing this issue

does anyone know what's going on?

19 REPLIES 19
Matthew
11 - Bolide

@patrick_digan yeah i just updated alteryx to 2021.3.2.54175 (admin version) and i still have this problem.. i cannot connect to my company's private gallery.. and yet i have no trouble logging into the gallery from a web browser

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Matthew I'm an admin on our gallery and it looks like there is an error popping up in the gallery logs. The interesting this is that it has the wrong SID in the error message:

patrick_digan_0-1632492009817.png

Matthew
11 - Bolide

@patrick_digan interesting, this looks like it fits my scenario as well.. thanks for sharing. i'll run this screenshot past my server admin and see if this helps

i'll let you know if i learn anything

Matthew
11 - Bolide

@patrick_digan We found a workaround.. I have no idea why I can't enter the gallery connection information directly through the Alteryx interface, but I was able to manually insert the registry information through RegEdit

NothingButThyme_0-1632511374057.png

PeterS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Matthew , another thing to check are the versions of your Desktop Designer and Server. The Designer version should always be at or below what the server is, see more here. I just ran into this message with a colleague trying to connect to one of our server environments. The server we are connecting to is on 2021.1 and he was using a 2021.3 Desktop Designer version.  Once he installed 2021.1 Designer he was able to connect without issue to the Server/Gallery through Designer.

If the version ends up being the issue watch out for this error when publishing to the server: 

Error: "This workflow requires a higher version of Alteryx" when saving a workflow to Gallery

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Error-quot-This-workflow-requires-a-h...

Peter Stoddard
Manager, Technical Account Management
Alteryx, Inc.

Matthew
11 - Bolide

Thanks @PeterS  i didnt know the Designer version needed to be ≤ the Server version, that's not something i watched out for when updating my Designer.

That said, my gallery connection was working on sept 17, but not on sept 20, so i'm not sure if that was a contributing factor.

I'll be mindful of that in the future though, thank you!

QuantumViridis
7 - Meteor

Worked for me as well

Alteryx Non-Admin Designer
Version: 2021.3.2.54175

asp_work
5 - Atom

were you able to resolve this issue?

Matthew
11 - Bolide

only via the workaround mentioned above

balders-ie
7 - Meteor

@Matthew thank you for the regedit solution. We hit this issue as well with Windows authentication. Both Server and Designer were version 2021.3.4 for us.