Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

error while saving workflow in Gallery: RuntimeError: Internal Error: DecryptPassword -

NicolasDestombes
7 - Meteor

Dear all,

My App works in Desktop but when I try to save it in Gallery, I have the following errors for 2 Salesforce Input Tools: 

Traceback (most recent call last): File "min.py", line 71 in pi_init

RuntimeError: Internal Error: DecryptPassword - buffer too small

if I bypass the error messages, I can save my App but when I run it, I get the error messages back and con't complete the Run.

Could you help?

ThanksErrorMessageSavingWF.JPG

12 REPLIES 12
danishimam
7 - Meteor

Thank you @brucedataguy for the details.

I installed the latest version of "Salesforce Input Tool v4.1.0" on the Server Designer 2020.3.

But when i configured the "Salesforce Input Tool" its giving below error, although the credentials were validated successfully. Any pointers what might be the issue?

danishimam_0-1617295675950.png

Thank you,

Danish

brucedataguy
8 - Asteroid

Hi Danish,

This error I did not see before.

You might google this "Traceback" error.

It seems like you might have some mismatch either in the version of SF Input tool on your local machine vs. server, or the registry needs to be changed on *every Server worker node*, and your local machine.

If you don't find anything,  raise a ticket with Support.  They have been very helpful on this topic when I approached them at different steps along the way to troubleshoot what was going wrong.  My guess is they will immediately know what causes this problem.

Let me know what you find out.

Bruce

AaronDobbins
5 - Atom

I received a response from Alteryx support re: what does "hide" encryption mean.  I wanted to post to this thread for future reference:

By default, the Alteryx Products published Python SDK Data Connector Tools (Azure Data Lake, Google BigQuery, OneDrive, Salesforce Input, etc.) utilize Encrypt for Machine (follow link below for additional details) credential encryption. With this encryption applied, the decryption of the credentials can only occur on the device generating the encrypted credentials.

The PythonAllowHideEncryption registry key permits the supported Alteryx Products Python SDK Data Connector Tools to be successfully ran on the Gallery. This registry entry, required both on the local Designer machine and the Server machines(s), updates the encryption method to Hide when publishing to the Gallery.

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/password-encryption

Hide: This hides the password using minimal encryption.

• The key to decrypt the password will reside in Alteryx so there is no loss of functionality.
  • A copied tool will work on any computer for any user and they will be able to read/write any SQL.
  • Analytic Apps and Schedules will be able to use this password.
  • We do not recommend using the Hide method when sharing workflows with individuals that you would not want to have access to your credentials.