Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Workflow doesn't run as scheduled workflow

maniruddha
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have created a workflow to track daily matrix.  The workflow uses an ad hoc table and SQL query.  The output of the SQL query is added to the table using Union and then the output is stored as the same table by dropping the table and creating the table with same name.  This is so that next day when I run the workflow, I have previous day's data.  Please see attached screenshot.

The reason I had to do this is because I do not have Write access to the tables.

I scheduled this workflow in my company's private gallery.  When the workflow runs through gallery per the schedule - it gives an error that "Error creating a table - Table already exists". But, when I download the workflow and run it through desktop.  It works fine.

Any idea why this could be?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@maniruddha 

The only explanation I can think of is that the schedule was created using a different version of the workflow and it's also the published one. Could you try publishing the workflow with a different name and running it manually from the Gallery?