Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

View workflow results of all the users who have run the workflow

saiarunbandhakavi
6 - Meteoroid

Trying to find out if we can view the workflow results of every run on Gallery. As of now I am able to view the results only when i run the workflow, but my workflow can be accessed by 4 users will i be able to view the results of workflow when the other users run.

5 REPLIES 5
dataMack
12 - Quasar

From the web front end for gallery your 'Workflow results' would be specific to things you ran or scheduled.  If you want to see everything that has been run, you're going to want to check out some of the server monitoring or MongoDB connectors in the Public Gallery, but these will require higher level rights to the server.

saiarunbandhakavi
6 - Meteoroid

We want the Admin to monitor the run results of all the workflows on the gallery, do we have any option on Admin gallery or any settings to enable this.
I hope we have this option on 11.7 version, where users are able to see the workflow result of other users, but recently we have updated to 2018.1 version where this option is not visible

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Using the Mongo Input tools in the Connector tool category, you can accomplish this.  As Jason said, it will require some higher rights to the server.  Or,  your admin can build it for you and create an app that you can run. There are a few canned apps that you can find online here as well.  However, if a user deletes their results from their Gallery account, then they are gone.  One is to use the Mongo tools to create a module that captures everything and saves it every 5 minutes or so.  Mongo is pretty low overhead processing wise.  Or you can set it to a minute.  But if the user deletes in that minute, then, again, it's gone.  

saiarunbandhakavi
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks you reply. Where can we find the info around the databases in Alteryx servers Mongo DB or do we have any database from which we can extract the workflow results of all the users.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Using Mongo isn't the easiest thing.  It's a bit complex. Search the community for "mongo input" and you'll find a lot of good material.  

Here's what the configuration for the Mongo Input tool might look like.  For the database there's Alteryx Service and Alteryx Gallery.  You'd want the Gallery.

Mongo.jpg