Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Unable to run workflow in server

Surajnair
7 - Meteor

Hi Team,

im fetching data from SSMS 18. based on data im doing some  transformation.

when i run the workflow in local designer workflow is working and providing me the output.

But when im trying to save it in server it throws me multiple error.

For sql i also even tried with oledb and ODBC it works in designer but not working in server.

Can anyone help me to fix this issue.

Attaching below snap of error.

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Surajnair ,

From the error message, it looks like you have two different issues:

1. Can`t find the file: temp.xlsx: Alteryx Server cannot access your local folders - the options are to send the file with the workflow or to add this file to a shared folder that the server has also access to
    1. Here is more about workflow assets: https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Assets-and-Packaging-Workflows-1583460636757
  2. Server is not found or accessible: I believe there are three different possible reasons for this
    1. DSN not configured on the Server: If you have configured a DSN in your ODBC admin, you need to create a connection with the same name in your server machine. If you don`t have access to your server machine but knows the driver Native Client 11.0 is installed there, you can go with a DSN-less connection string: https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/How-To-format-common-ODBC-DSN-less-connection-strings-...
    2. If the connection is defined to use windows authentication, you have to guarantee the server account/run as credential of your server has also access to this database
      1. https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Run-As-Settings-1583459849487#
    3. Timeout issue: If both options above are already configured, maybe it is indeed a timeout issue and this can be solved by configuring your dsn settings and adding more 
      1. Look the DSN settings and look for a timeout settings somewhere or adjust your dsn-less connection string to look something like this: Driver={SQL Server};Server=server_name;Database=database_name;Trusted_Connection=yes;Connection Timeout=60

Best,

FErnando Vizcaino

Surajnair
7 - Meteor

Hi @fmvizcaino ,

I tried all the above steps but im still facing issue in DB connection.

please find attached img.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Surajnair ,

Not sure if you only deleted from the image, and that was probably my bad. But you need to add the user and password on your connection string.

Driver={SQL Server Native Client 11.0};Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword;

The password will be automatically encrypted after you click out of the input tool.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Surajnair
7 - Meteor

hi @fmvizcaino ,

I tried above steps but no luck.

After configuring i came to know there is firewall block issue due to which DB is getting blocked.

Still thnx for the help will figure out firewall issue with infosec team then i wil check the same.