Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Sending Outlook Email via VBScript - Scheduler Issue

JBarry2017
6 - Meteoroid

All,

I am having an issue sending email via Outlook through a script executed in Alteryx. If I manually run my workflow, Outlook is successfully communicated with; a new email window opens, the relevant data is populated, and the email is sent.

However, when I Schedule the same workflow, it encounters an error. All other tasks are completed, except for the email (which is at the end of the flow).  I tried doing this through wscript/cscript with the Run Command tool.  I’ve also tried wscript/cscript via Events > Run at End.  Is this an issue other users have encountered before?  My IT department won’t provide the SMTP, so running via script seems to be the only option.

I have set Run As to my employee ID and password, but my thinking is my "ID" for Outlook is really the email address, and not the employee ID.  Therefore, when the Scheduler goes out and runs, it does not know to search my desktop and run Outlook with the account already open.

Is this an issue other users have encountered before?  My IT department won’t provide the SMTP, so running via script seems to be the only option.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
MichaelF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @JBarry2017

Is it possible to share your workflow and script that runs to send the email? I can try to do some testing on my end

Cheers,

Mike