Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Saving to Alteryx Gallery with personal credentials

Soxfaninfl
8 - Asteroid

Since my team upgraded to server version 2019.3.2 (10/13), we are unable to save to our Gallery with our own credentials. The save button does nothing. We are planning to upgrade to server version 2019.3.5 this evening. Does it resolve this issue?

mackedet_0-1571849947850.png

I'm using "Always run this workflow with these credentials"

mackedet_1-1571850046961.png

10 REPLIES 10
BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi - I suspect something else is causing this, as I just checked the Release Notes for 2019.3.5 and I do not see a reference to this particular issue. I did notice similar behavior though - try this workaround - try hitting Enter after entering in your credentials...instead of Save.

Soxfaninfl
8 - Asteroid

This works fine when you use a service account that is save in the gallery just as an fyi.

BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Yes, this appears to work fine with Shared credentials - i.e., in Gallery Admin / Credentials, if you set up the credentials there, and re-share with the user, they will work correctly. This appears to be an issue with manually typed in credentials, will get some more info on this particular issue, but hopefully the workaround will be a temporary solution for you to use in the meantime.

Soxfaninfl
8 - Asteroid

This worked. I will share with my team. Thank you for replying back.

veruzi
8 - Asteroid

Hi everybody!

Any update on this?

We aim to upgrade to v2019.4 from v2019.1 and this functionality of setting manual credentials which worked fine in v2019.1 is now causing these issues in v2019.4. It's been like 3 months since the issue was raised here on the community but no fix is in place yet.

Any way to get passed it except using Shared Credentials? Users want to input their credentials manually when saving the workflow. 

veruzi
8 - Asteroid

@BrianR , seems like pushing the Save button will not trigger the validation, whereas hitting Enter after inputting the password will validate the credentials correctly, as you've mentioned in your first reply to this thread.

Can this be sent to the product team as a Defect?

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @veruzi - this has been logged as a defect (starting in 2019.3). It has not yet been fixed in any available releases as on this post; I've set you up a case with Support so that you will be automatically notified when a release with the fix is available - our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience!

I can confirm the two available workarounds (as mentioned in this thread) are currently:

- Use a combination of Tab and Enter to verify the credentials

- Save the credentials on the server and share those credentials with the user, then use the dropdown to select the credentials

If any other users come across this, we encourage you to submit a ticket with Support, reference this post and the defect number (DE21843) and we can track this on our end and alert you when the defect is fixed. Thank you!

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
veruzi
8 - Asteroid

Hi Sophia,

Unfortunately ENTER and TAB keys combinations are not working for all our users, so I took a stab at debugging Alteryx Designer's code and I found the following logic issue:

On line 295 inside file 

“\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\HtmlAssets\Workflows\js\saveworkflow.js” , the ev.target.id is compared against 'doneBtn' string when in fact it should have been compared against 'doneWROW' string.

Here is my change that fixed the issue:

Before:                 var credentialsDoneClicked = (ev.target.id === 'doneBtn');

After:                    var credentialsDoneClicked = (ev.target.id === 'doneWROW');

Please send this to the development team to include in the product for all users to receive the patch.

Thanks,

Alex

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@veruzi amazing - thanks! I've added this information to the defect for development to review.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.