Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Refresh Excel File in Server

VijayAnaparthi
8 - Asteroid

I am able to refresh Excel file in designer by using python package Pywin32 and Xlwings but both packages are not working in Server. 

Can anyone please tell me how to refresh Excel file by using any tool or python script that will work in server 

Command tool will not work in My server, so i don't have option to choose vbascript for this.

I have tried openpyxl also but i am unable to solve refreshing Excel issue.

Can anyone please tell me how to refresh Excel file by using any tool or python script that will work in server 

3 REPLIES 3
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Why are those packaged not working on the Server? Are they installed there already? If not, you need to request it to the Server admin. You can only refresh Excel from Alteryx by calling a custom script like python or something on run command. 

VijayAnaparthi
8 - Asteroid

All python packages are installed on server but i am getting error related to that packages. Unfortunately command tool will not run in my server. so i.e why i am looking for alternative solution that will work on server.

NicolasSz
11 - Bolide

Hi @VijayAnaparthi ,

I ran into the same type of issue. You probably need to install excel onto your server to have the necessary drivers.

But this is quite bad practice as Excel is not supported for Server as per Microsoft documentation.

On my side, I didn't find any proper way of doing this. Best is to get rid of need to refresh an excel file onto the server as much as you can.

But happy to look if anyone as a good and proper solution here.