Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Publishing chained apps to Gallery

sandrajansson
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I have found a few discussions on the topic but no one that gave fully answer to my problem. I have an app with three chained workflows where I have chained them using Interface Designer as follows,

Workflow 1:

sandrajansson_0-1621341995494.png

Workflow 2:

sandrajansson_1-1621342068647.png

All of the three workflows runs without errors from Designer. The issue comes when publishing to the Gallery. After some trial and error I have resulted in the following bundling when publishing. I.e I de-select everything except for the two chained workflows. 

Both the subsequent workflows are reading input data from files and database. 

sandrajansson_2-1621342304186.png

However, when publishing this to the Gallery, only the first workflow is saved without errors. For the other two workflows, I receive errors that none of the input files are found or the limit is reached.

Should I do something differently when grouping the assets? Or when chaining the apps? 

19 REPLIES 19
sandrajansson
7 - Meteor

Hi @mceleavey 

Thanks for your input. I have tried this as well, both including and excluding the xlsx files but it gives me the same error. 

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@sandrajansson ,

The .xlsx files just need to be set to the filename and extension in the filepath when chaining apps for publication. For example, file1.xlsx|||Sheet1. Drop all file pathing in the input tools.

Second, the most important thing is exporting the workflow from designer (not saving) and checking the boxes for the subsequent chained apps.

M.

Bulien

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sandrajansson ,

You said that the first chained App don't save any file. But you said that the other chained App use the output of the first APP.

As a result, does the first chained APP have the output file?

It is confused.

How does the first APP save the excel files? Does it use output data tool?

sandrajansson
7 - Meteor

Hi @AkimasaKajitani 

The first app downloads files from an ftp location. The workflow ends like this, by downloading data to files using the download tool. Hence no output data tool.  

sandrajansson_0-1623929502950.png

@mceleavey are you using relative paths for the files that are not located in the same folder as the workflows?

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sandrajansson ,

I would use UNC paths if you're picking them up from a shared folder location. Obviously the server needs access to that location.

The files you are dropping out for the chained app, I would not use any folder location, just the filename as this will then use the server temp directory which will be the same for all chained apps.

If you're not dropping out a file for the next chained app what are you using to populate the second step?

M.

Bulien

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sandrajansson 

Do you set the download tool that save the files directly?

AkimasaKajitani_0-1623936197234.png

I think that the Server can not find the direct save files at Download tool.

Can you use the Blob output tool to save the file explicitly?

AkimasaKajitani_3-1623936812119.png

AkimasaKajitani_1-1623936528492.png

AkimasaKajitani_2-1623936617234.png

You can manage the output file of chained APP1 as Workflow assets and the Server will find the file path.

MukeshM
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Is there a way to chain more than 3 workflows using Interface designer, to schedule in the Server? 

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

@mceleavey When i try to check Group Asset by Tool it is hanged.

Can you suggest something

mdoma0510
5 - Atom

I'm now experiencing this issue too. I save the first workflow to the gallery but the 2 chained apps are not saved.

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

Do you have selected the AMP Engine Enabled?