Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

How to copy an ".xlsm" file with all the sheets and VBA scripts in Alteryx Gallery?

JinoGeorge
6 - Meteoroid

I am working on a macro enabled excel file containing 12 sheets and VBA scripts. This file needs to be uploaded by other users and only two tabs are getting updated. All other tabs should remain same. Once this is done it should be downloadable for the user through Alteryx Gallery.

I was thinking to copy the file temporarily into the Alteryx server and just update the two tabs as required. But couldn't find a work around. Can someone help me on this?

2 REPLIES 2
dYoast
11 - Bolide

This blog may be of use.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@dYoast is correct. I do think with a blob template. You output a copy with a dynamic name (myfile_date_time.xlsm) and then use output data tools on your two sheets you are changing. just a reminder - you cannot write over a formula column. you can write around it. so you may need to use two output data tools so to skip your formula columns (one for say a1:f5000 and one for say h1:j5000)