Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Predictive tool is missing after installing Alteryx server 2019.4

knozawa
11 - Bolide

Hello,

After installing Alteryx server 2019.4, I've received a following error:

The job R tool test did not complete successfully and resulted in the following errors:
Cannot find macro “Predictive Tools\K-Centroids_Cluster_Analysis.yxmc”. (Tool Id: 2)

I thought predictive tool is included for Alteryx server upgrade (not separate install for RInstaller for server).

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Sincerely,

Kazumi

8 REPLIES 8
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @knozawa 

For each installation of Alteryx, previous version is uninstalled.

Just go to Options Menu, and download Predictive Tools. This will install them for you.

Best,

_AG_

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

The server upgrade should have had an option to also install predictive tools, but not to worry if you missed it. You can go to licenses.alteryx.com, download the predictive tools installer for designer, and do it after the fact. No need to go through the server install again. 

xAJBx
7 - Meteor

Would I want to install with the Admin version predictive tools for my existing server installation?   I actually have my Alteryx Server installed on the "D:" drive

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Yep you will want the admin version @xAJBx 

adlifuad
5 - Atom

I installed the Predictive tools on the server itself. The designer can run the workflow normally but when I save the workflow to the server, It shows error where they cannot find the macros

KGT
7 - Meteor

Hi @adlifuad ,

The easiest way will be to log on to the server and open the designer on there to see if the predictive tools are correct. If it can't find them when running, there is probably a mismatch to what's installed.

adlifuad
5 - Atom

Hi,

I run the workflow at the server on desginer. It run perfectly but it shows error like this on Gallery. 

Alteryx are installed at D: , will it be problem on there?

KGT
7 - Meteor

If it runs fine on the designer on the server, then there are 2 natural things to look at.

• Make sure that the designer on the server is the actual server install. (You can have 2 designers installed, one admin, one non-admin and this can cause issues). In the designer on the server, go to Help > About and make sure that IS NOT "Alteryx Designer Running Non-elevated".
  • Run As User - This is the most probable reason. The service runs as a user. So when you're logged in running the workflow, it runs as you, but when triggered via the gallery/scheduler then it needs a user to run as. In "Options > Advanced > System Settings" there is an option for the "Run As User". This user must have access to everything that is needed etc.
    • If this user is not set, that's your problem.
    • If it is set (ideally to a service account), then maybe that user doesn't have proper access to the D drive.

Past that, you may need someone investigating and so Support/CSM/Sales Rep might be able to help further. It shouldn't be too hard, just finding the right little thing.