Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Outlook365 input: Fail authentication when scheduling workflow

VCAM
5 - Atom

Dear all,

I am stuck when it comes to connecting to the Outlook 365 tool and scheduling the workflow to the scheduler.

I am able to connect on Desktop and extract the data from the inbox perfectly fine.

I select Use Service Principal after selecting Provide authentication information as reported in the help page (see screenshot below).

VCAM_0-1659604197222.png

But when I schedule the workflow, it fails and I get an authentication error.

VCAM_1-1659604779754.png

I followed this other post with a similar issue (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Outlook-365-Tool-Runs-fine-on-server-mac...), where the user had problems scheduling to the gallery (not the scheduler) and the solution proposed was to add a registry key but this does not seem to be working for me. 

Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

HEy @VCAM ,

Have you done those steps on your machine and the Alteryx Server machine? 

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

VCAM
5 - Atom

Hi, I am not sure I understand your question. I am using a controller to schedule my workflows, can I access the location --> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx  of the controller?

VCAM
5 - Atom

Dear all, I had a call with alteryx support please notice that this tool will (currently) work only on SERVER/GALLERY not on SCHEDULER.

Drvt6713
8 - Asteroid

Hi @VCAM,

Any update on this connector working on Scheduler?

I do not have (or need) Server at this time, so just purchased Scheduler so was hoping this connector would work.

Thanks for the info.