Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

New output on excel file with autoreferesh

keeprollin
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow on the alteryx server which is scheduled to run once a week. The output of the workflow needs to be stored in an excel file. Is there a way that the output is loaded in a new excel file every week on a shared network drive from the alteryx server without any manual interference ?

4 REPLIES 4
carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @keeprollin how are you?

you can create a field with the name of the file that you will save, dynamically including date/time on the name of file

example below

'\\foldernetwork\directory\subdirectory\filename_'+[day]+[month]+[year]+'.xlsx|||sheet1'

And you can use this field to save the file. If day, month, or year change you will get a new workflow.

I hope this help

Thanks

Carlos A Teixeira
keeprollin
7 - Meteor

@carlosteixeira Thank you for your response! I have used output data tool to load the workflow result in excel and gave path of a network drive using the syntax as mentioned by you, but I get an error: Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: Error running Event #1: Error Opening file: C:\Users\kumarh3\AppData\Local\Temp\Staging\4da327d4-ed41-4a46-9b1f-9b5f091c9e09\_externals\2\Weekly Report.xlsx: The system cannot find the path specified. (3)

carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi, @keeprollin probably needs to change the relative path.

take a look at this post

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/File-Paths-and-Alteryx/ta-p/847200#....

Best

Carlos A Teixeira
NikyN
9 - Comet

Hello there,

If you want to run solution on the Gallery, you cannot be exporting files to your desktop/or computer. You will need always to have in on some shared drive (e.g. some company drive for specific department). 

So if you will use above mentioned solution, and map it to share drive -- I believe it will work.

///obviously, it can be then access issue (if Alteryx Gallery generic user does not have access to share drive) but this should be easily be fixed by your Alteryx Admin --- 

Best Luck!

Niky