Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

.NET API vs Web Services API

wrj111
5 - Atom

All,

I'm new to Alteryx and am investigating integration with Alteryx through its API. I came across this .NET wrapper around the Alteryx API as well as a web services API. The .NET API seems like it's well suited for kicking off an existing Alteryx module with the Alteryx module handling pulling all the data together (working all encapsulated in the Alteryx module). The web service API looks like it has more specific handlers for calling indididual components and therefore giving the client application more flexibility in how the data is fed into and returned from Altreyx.  I'm hoping to get some feedback from others that have used either or both APIs in terms of use cases, best practice, and limitations around working with either API.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
AndyC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@wrj111

Is seems like this post got missed originally, is this still an area you'd like some more information on?

Thanks

Andy Cooper
Senior Solutions Engineer - EMEA
Alteryx