Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

MS SQL Server connection: Data source name not found and no default driver specified

jsoler
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I am getting an error when I am trying to add a new Data Connection, perhaps this is a beginner question, sorry for that.

I have the driver configured on the Server Gallery (see Capture ODBC), testing the connection, I get an OK.

Then, I go to the Gallery-Admin web, and I add a new connection, but when I click on test, I get the following error:

Error SQLDriverConnect: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

I am lost right now, I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Can you please help me? Please do not hesitate to ask me further information if you need it.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
jsoler
7 - Meteor

Hi! I've just got the solution. After install the last version of the driver of MS SQL Server on Alteryx Server, I have been able to connect from Gallery creating a new Data Connection.

Thanks,

kedargaikwad
5 - Atom

I ran into the same issue and I installed ODBC driver from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56730 with version 18.2.2.0. But the issue still remains the same. Am I doing anything wrong here? I really appreciate the help here.

Here is the screen shot from server.

ODBC driverODBC driver

Error messageError message