Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Loading large Datasets Help

AltAddict26
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx Community! I am working on loading a dataset with 20 million records and 150 columns. The data is being read from a text file and written to table in SQL server.

I have two questions -

1) it is taking on average about 1 hour to load 1 million rows, is there way to reduce this time even when reading from a text file?

2) Is it possible to load the records on a continual basis instead of all at once? Currently no records show up until the job is complete. I would like to see the rows loading in the table as the job runs.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If it's coming from a text file, you can try having 2 workflows: one to load the text file to a YXDB using the AMP engine (check the AMP box on the configuration pane), and then another module to load the YXDB to the SQL Server table.  However, I would look for something in the data that would be a natural grouping, like branch number, or store number, or state/region, . . . anything that can break the records up naturally.  And then have a batch macro loop through them and load them one at a time.  I do this myself quite often.