Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Issue with Replace Workflow Option in Server Gallery

PPillai
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am trying to replace and existing workflow with a newer version of the workflow I deployed to the server. The Replace Workflow Option List is only showing 10 workflows in the list and even if I type in the Workflow name it is not showing in the list.

We have recently upgraded our server to 2021.4 from 2020.2. We have been using this replace method prior to upgrade and it has always worked before.

Is there an issue with Replace Workflow functionality in 2021.4?

Kind Regards

Praseeja

4 REPLIES 4
DataNath
17 - Castor

Unless I'm missing something, it does look to be a version issue if it was working for you beforehand, as I also can't replicate this behaviour and we're running 2022.1. Though I've just had a skim through the 2022.1 release notes and doesn't look like this was addressed specifically.

DataNath_0-1666262342454.png

DataNath_1-1666262350516.png

I noticed in the 2021.4 release notes that they were fixing something to do with workflow replacement, so perhaps when dealing with this, they accidentally caused other issues i.e. this one?

DataNath_2-1666262437656.png

In your last screenshot, I'm guessing the workflow isn't there when you scroll down and look through manually (as they're ordered alphabetically)? Super simple check but just in case it's the search functionality that's broken rather than the workflow not showing.

PPillai
7 - Meteor

Thank you @DataNath . I have also raised this issue with Alteryx Support, will wait to see what is the solution from Alteryx.

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @PPillai , 

I hope it is related to the search functionality issue. Intermittently we face this issue in 2021.3 version gallery page as well. When you try to search for workflows it doesn't give you results. We raised the case with Alteryx and they stated that the issue was fixed in version 2022.1.

If you try often you will get results. 😅

Let me know if this helps and please mark it as a solution if so.

Regards, 

Ariharan.R

PPillai
7 - Meteor

Thank you both @DataNath & @Ariharan .

Digging more into the issue I noticed that when the Workflow name contains any special characters it is not appearing when using the search functionality. Clearly this used to work in the 2020.2 Server Version we were using prior to the upgrade of 2021.4. We had '_' in the name of the workflows, I have replaced the '_' with space then it worked.