Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Issue With Gallery Asset Encapsulation

JustinBabbitt
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello, 

I have a workflow that opens a locally stored .mdb file, evaluates the contents then, if necessary, it rewrites the table with updated values.  When it it is time to save this workflow to our private gallery, I ensure that the workflow dependencies are set to absolute. Then during the save process, I deselect the database asset to prevent from being encapsulated with the workflow. 

But, it gets encapsulated anyway. I have other workflows that are set up in a similar way that this does not happen with. 

Any ideas out there on how to prevent this from happening? 

Thanks!  

Justin Babbitt
2 REPLIES 2
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@JustinBabbitt could you share how you can tell that the asset is still being uploaded? This sounds very strange, especially since it is not consistent with other workflows.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
JustinBabbitt
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @SophiaF!

Thank you for your reply. To answer your question: The Input Tool path changes from the absolute path of the .mbd, to path to an "_external\a\1\"  path. 

I believe I've got this solved: One of my colleagues showed me that we can manage assets in the Configuration pane for individual tools/macros. There is a macro within my workflow that calls the .mbd, for some reason the macro was trying to encapsulate the .mbd even though I didn't want to encapsulate the macro!

Manage AssetsManage Assets

Justin Babbitt