Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Input batch macro works in Designer in seconds but causes truncation error on the Server

ben_hopkins
8 - Asteroid

An 'analytic app' that imports all of the sheets in a file by reading the list of sheet names and then running a batch macro to import each one works perfectly in Designer and produces an output of all of the sheets of the input file on one sheet.

The 'analytic app' running on the Alteryx Server with the same input file runs for a very long time before outputting the error:

Number of records exceeds the Excel maximum (1048576). Remaining records will be truncated. (ToolId: 10)

There are 348 rows across all the different sheets, either the Alteryx Engine on the Server is reading all the blank rows or the app itself is getting stuck in some kind of loop but I can't see why it should be behaving differently.

ben_hopkins_0-1644509206539.png

ben_hopkins_1-1644509213353.png

Regards,

Ben

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ben_hopkins ,

I think you are correct, sometimes Alteryx reads the blank rows from excel and can cause that problem. I suggest you including another macro output with the count of rows for each file, that will help you checking which file you need to check and delete the blank rows.

Another suggestion is to include a filter tool inside macro eliminating the null rows.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

ben_hopkins
8 - Asteroid

Thanks. Testing an output is a good idea. I'll get back to you.