Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

In Manage Licenses, Licenses were removed when selecting 'Connect to License Server'

LNGRIFL
6 - Meteoroid

I tried to verify our licenses by doing the following:

1. Start Designer;
  2. Select Options > Manage Licenses;
  3. Select Settings (gear icon);
  4. Select 'Connect to License Server'

The screen went blank and the spinning icon appeared.  It was spinning for 10 minutes without going anywhere.  I tried to back out and had to close Designer.  I went back into Manage Licenses and 1 of the licenses were removed and our Server stopped.

I restarted the Server and had another Server Admin look at what I did.  He also did the same thing and ALL licenses then disappeared and the server stopped again.

After restarting the Windows server, the licenses (except one) came back.  we then activated the missing license vai offline process and all is working now.

Has anyone had this happen before?

Does anyone know what the 'Connect to License Server' is supposed to do?

We are running Alteryx Server v2002.1.6 on Windows Server 2012 R2.

3 REPLIES 3
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hmm...I've never connected to my lic info that way (honestly, didn't even know it existed like that!).  I always went directly to the URL for the license portal, now accessed right here in the Community under Support:

2022-02-14 08_43_47-In Manage Licenses, Licenses were removed when sel... - Alteryx Community.png

If your lics are messed up now, you might want to email Fulfillment@alteryx.com directly.  That will generate a support ticket.  And they are pretty quick at getting back to customers.

LNGRIFL
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks mbarone for the response.  I was checking to make sure the license had taken effect.  I knew about the license portal and where it was at.  Unfortunately, that just tells you the license.  The Manage License window tells you which ones are activated on the server.

I'm trying to find out why what we did that day temporarily wiped the licenses and stopped the server.  when we restarted the server the licenses came back.  We're just trying to find a root cause for the stoppage.  AND to see if anyone else had that happen.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I see.  Well, if you ever have the need, that portal does give you machine info like this:
2022-02-15 09_06_03-View Machine History - FlexNet Operations End-User Portal_.png